The person named as the participant in the sign-up or registration form (referred to as I, you or your in this notice) will be present during an on-water or simulator activity organised by the Artemis Academy (through Artemis Applied Technologies Ltd with registered address at 4th Floor, Concourse 2, Queens Road, Belfast, BT3 9DT) (Artemis Academy or ATL).
The scope of the on-water or simulator activities and your role in those activities (if any) will be defined prior to each activity in the on-water or simulator safety briefing (the Activities).
The Activities by their nature are uncertain and involve risk. The Artemis Academy operates an overarching safety protocol for all activities. As part of that safety protocol comprehensive risk assessments will be undertaken for the Activities. Risk assessments (as updated from time to time) can be provided to you at your request.
The safety briefing prior to each of the Activities is a critical part of your participation in the Activities. You must comply with all aspects of the safety briefing and any specific requirements set out by ATL prior to or at the time of partaking in the Activities, including (but not limited to) ensuring that you:
- follow the instructions of the instructors or activity organisers at all times;
- wear and/or use safety equipment properly;
- make use of other specific safety features made available to you as part of the activities;
- in each case at all times whilst partaking in the Activities and in the immediately surrounding areas as relevant.
- you agree that you will wear a life jacket and any other safety equipment advised at all times during on-water Activities and whilst on pontoons or water side locations;
- The Artemis Academy will have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the Activities are safe, however you accept that damage to property or injury to individuals and/or third parties may occur – the Activities are dangerous and accidents can and do happen. Given the nature of the Activities, this may result in injury or death;
- the Activities are physically demanding and can put stress and impact on your body. You must be physically able to deal with these demands and should not participate in the Activities if you have an existing physical injury, or are prone to physical injury (e.g. heart conditions, respiratory conditions and/or back and/or other muscle pain)
- you hereby declare that at the time of each Activity:
o you are physically and mentally fit to take part in the Activities and you are not taking any drugs (whether prescribed or otherwise) that may impair your ability to take part.
o you do not suffer from, or have any history of, any medical or physical condition that could affect your ability to take part in the Activities including but not limited to any medical or physical condition that could reasonably inhibit your ability to comply with any emergency procedure.
o you are not under the influence of any drugs or alcohol at the time of the Activities.
- The Artemis Academy has in place (in its own name or through its partners) corporate and club insurances covering your participation in Artemis Academy Activities. These policies are corporate or club policies which provide for limited recourse in certain situations. If you require comprehensive or higher value insurance coverage, you should arrange this yourself to cover your participation in Artemis Academy Activities. Neither the Artemis Academy, Artemis Applied Technologies Ltd or any of its partners, nor any of its or their employees, contractors or affiliates shall be liable to you, for any injury, loss, damage, claims, cost, expenses or demands suffered directly or indirectly as a consequence of your participation in the Activities, save for any liabilities arising out of a negligent act or omission as part of the Activities on the part of the Artemis Academy, Artemis Applied Technologies Ltd or any of its partners. In respect of compensation for loss of or damages to your effects, neither Artemis Academy, Artemis Applied Technologies Ltd or any of its partners shall have no liability to pay damages or compensation for loss of cash or valuable objects.
If you have any questions, you must raise them as soon as possible and you must not participate in the Activities if you are not confident and comfortable to do so or if you have outstanding questions.
By confirming your agreement to this notice, you hereby confirm that you:
- agree to the contents of this notice;
- undertake to comply with the requirements stated and demonstrated in the safety briefing given to me related to the Activities;
- give the declarations set out in this notice and have disclosed any matters that might be relevant to your full compliance with them; and
- accept the insurances that have been put in place by the Artemis Academy and the limit of liability specified in this notice.